Wisconsin Winter Plunge
Get Cold for YOUR Cause!
|The Wisconsin Winter Plunge is a way for any non-profit organization to raise funds for their cause. Teams get to keep 70% of what they raise, which blows other fundraising opportunities out of the water. The remaining 30% goes toward the cost of putting on the plunge, and to the non-profit organization that our volunteer staff choose. 100% of proceeds from this fundraiser, unlike many others, are put to good use.|
In addition to being a powerful fundraising tool, it is also an excellent team building experience. While jumping in a frozen lake sounds terrible, everyone who does it truly enjoys themselves.
PLUNGE CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER!
Update sent via email and on posted on our facebook site.
We will have our banner set up at Oregon High School (456 N Perry Pkwy, Oregon, WI 53575) from 12pm-4pm. Plunge teams will be welcome to come in and stand under the banner and make a thank you video to be shared on social media. Individual plungers are welcome to do so as well. The banner will be indoors.
Plunge staff will be on site to help record videos, take photos, and organize.
Here's how to get involved:
Your organization forms a team for free on our website. Our website allows you to build a team page on which you would describe the cause you are plunging for, set a goal for number of team members and amount of money raised, and put up photos.
Each of your individual plungers also gets to build their own personal page with the same features.
Once you've started your team, your plungers are able to share a link to their personal page on social media and ask their friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances to sponsor their plunge financially.
People who are not plunging, but still support your cause, can also share the plunge team link asking for people to sponsor the team's plunge.
There are heated changing tents available for plungers to dry off and change clothes in after they've completed their plunge. And of course, Christy's is open for food and drinks in celebration or preparation for the plunge.
Prior to the plunge, participants will receive a waiver via email to print and sign and should bring this with them to the plunge in order to receive a wrist band identifying them as a registered plunger.
Plungers are required to wear shoes, and encouraged to dress up in costumes, matching team shirts, or whatever attire would be most fun for them. When you plunge, an announcer will tell the crowd who you are, what you are plunging for, and will read your "famous last words" aloud for you.
Our plunge coordinator is always happy to meet with any interested team to walk them through starting a team, registering plunge team participants, personalizing their plunge pages, or to answer any questions they might have about the day of the plunge.
Email us at email@example.com!